The inflammation of the ears is one of the most common infections, which can affect both children and adults, AND IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING!
It is an infection called otitis, which occurs when there is an excess of fluid in the ear canals, more precisely behind the eardrum.
This inflammation is caused by a bacterium, which causes that the fluid in your accumulated ears cannot be drained.
This causes excess fluid, and that causes pain and difficulty hearing.
In general, this problem is not usually very serious, nor will it present serious hearing problems if it is treated correctly.
The symptoms can be varied depending on whether the affected person is a child or an adult.
For example, in children the common symptoms are:
- Earache, especially at bedtime
- Ears of one ear
- Sleep problems
- Difficulty hearing or responding to sounds
- Loss of balance
- Fever of 100 ° F (38 ° C) or more
- Ear fluid secretion
- Loss of appetite
In contrast, symptoms in adults are reduced, limited to:
- Ear fluid secretion
- Difficulty hearing
Going into detail to what was mentioned at the beginning of this article, otitis can be derived from the flu or allergy, as these can cause swelling in the nasal passages.
Luckily, there are some natural solutions that, applied under certain care, can reduce and eliminate symptoms, avoiding the development of complications.
This time we will share in detail the best natural remedies to relieve ear pain.
Do not hesitate to use them when you have this problem.
Garlic, food with anti-inflammatory properties
Garlic is amazing when it comes to treating otitis and similar problems, as it has anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties.
This help to relieve the infection that affects the ears.
It is one of the most popular remedies against this condition since its application controls not only pain but also secretions.
We will prepare it as follows:
- First, let’s crush a clove of raw garlic and mix it with just a little hot olive oil.
- Then, we will let it stand at a bearable temperature and apply two or three drops in the affected ear.
- Repeat the treatment twice a day, until relieving otitis.
Magic food, onion
You may not like the idea at first, but …
Natural onion juice contains substances with sulfur that provide powerful antibiotic and analgesic effects.
This juice will be very helpful because it will eliminate the microorganisms that generate the infection.
Besides, this juice will control inflammation and pain.
We will use it as follows:
- First, extract some onion juice and apply it with a dropper inside the inflamed ear.
- Let it act for three minutes and drain the excesses.
- You should use it once a day until this condition is relieved.
Use hydrogen peroxide
With just a few drops of hydrogen peroxide, it can be enough to stop the growth of fungi and bacteria inside your ears.
An extra benefit of hydrogen peroxide is that it will facilitate the removal of excess wax to avoid clogging.
How do we use it?
Put two or three drops of hydrogen peroxide in the infected ear and repeat its use every 12 hours.
Chamomile has many anti-inflammatory properties, which are excellent for fighting the symptoms of inflammation of the ears.
For this treatment, you can use a dropper and pour two drops of chamomile infusion.
As a second option, you can soak a small cotton ball (previously drained so that it does not drip) and place it at the entrance of the ear.
The above can be applied for 60 minutes.
Try an infusion of thyme, lemon and mint
To prepare it, you must do the following:
- Put water to heat. When it boils, remove from heat and add thyme.
- Let it stand for 3 minutes and then strain.
- Add the juice of half a lemon and a tablespoon of honey.
- Take it hot.
Vitamin C supplements and Propolis
Vitamin C is one of the most important vitamins and is the most important when it comes to strengthening the immune system against infections of all kinds, including otitis.
- Recommended is a daily dose of one gram, and it is very easy to get these supplements at any supermarket or pharmacy.
- Propolis also works as a natural antibiotic and can be taken together with vitamin C.
- Many propolis products are enriched with vitamin C.
- I advise you to use these supplements from the day you start with the conditions of your ears.
Tea tree essential oil
Tea tree essential oil is one of the most powerful disinfectants, antibacterials and antiseptics.
Apart from having many beneficial functions for the body, it is a highly effective natural remedy for ear pain.
You should only apply a couple of drops in the ear with a dropper.
Do it daily until you begin to feel improvements.