Dry hands is not a dangerous condition, but can be a very irritating one. In other words, we can say that any deviation from the normal structure or function of the skin or subcutaneous tissue that is manifested by a characteristic set of symptoms and signs.
Check: Home remedy for Glowing Skin
Dry hands are caused by environmental conditions. Washing hands indicate the conditions including diabetes or lupus that affect blood flow to the extremities. Diseases like eczema, psoriasis can also be the reason for dry hands. Psoriasis can affect the entire body, but some common sites of psoriatic
- Palms of the hands
- Soles of the feet
Washing hands frequently can cause dryness to our skin .Exposure to chemicals can also be one of the cause for dry hands.
People who wash dishes frequently or live in cold, dry climate have more risk to have dry hands. This may come to many people mind that how could weather be responsible for dryness so the reason behind this is when the weather becomes cold the water in our skin evaporates more quickly this makes our skin dry and tight.
So, let us see what are the home remedies for keeping our hands hydrated.
Remedies for dry hands:-
Moisturizing is best for dry hands. Washing hands repetedly makes our hands dry. Before applying the moisturizer wash your hands for 20 seconds. Then rub your hands with a towel. As your hands gets dry after washing apply the moisturizer. The moisturizer which gets lock to our skin gives more relief from dry hands. By using good or better condition it does not create irritation. Trapping the moisturizer will help absorb more fully into our skin.
- Coconut oil also shows the similar result when applied to dry hands.
Aloevera is a cactus like plant which grows in full sun in a spot with good drainage and no frosts. It has minimum 6 natural antiseptic and about more than hundred uses. The use of this species is used for medicine from the first century. Aloevera wherever planted will never loose to provide its amazing benefits. Aloevera is truly a magical plant when it comes to skin issues like dry hands . Its therapeutic and healing properties.
Extract some leaves of aloevera and remove the thorns from it. Grind it off it will become like a paste. Apply it and make a thin layer over your hands for more better results leave it for a night and wash it off in the morning. Aloevera is also known as a burn plate. carbo-oxy named peptide is present in it which helps one from getting instant relief.
It moisturizes our face, and cleans it too.
It also helps in getting relief from acne.
Aloevera has salicyclic acid in it which helps to close the open pores.
It not only provide relief to sunburn but it also help’s one to get relief from fever. It also allows our skin to fight from viruses
By using aloevera daily it reduces the chance of rugae.It helps our skin to find the original glow of your skin It helps our skin to get back its original shine.
Aloevera also helps in dead cells. It also helps repairing our skin.
It can be applied to the skin as a moisturizer and can be used daily.
Honey is packed with antioxidants that helps in slowing the signs of ageing. Honey helps in moisturizing and soothing, creating a healthy glowing hand. Applying honey on hand makes our hand more softer.
Using a humidifier
Humidifier therapy adds moisture to the air to prevent dryness that can cause irritation in many parts of the body. Humidifiers can be particularly effective for dryness of the skin, nose, throat and lips.
Drinking milk has more benefits than applying it. It helps in replenishing lost oils making the skin smooth and moisturized throughout the whole day. If you wish to apply it then dip a cotton ball in milk and dab all over the hand and leave it for a night.
Applying a cold compress can also help one to get a healthy skin. The cold compression helps the skin to get moisture means it takes the moisture from the water. Then apply cream to your skin
How is dry hands caused?
- Dry hands are caused by environmental factors.
- Some allergies can also lead you to dry hands.
- Dairy products, eggs can also cause eczema flares.
- There is no any direct relation of stress to dry hands but it can make the symptoms worse.
- There is an increase in females who suffers from eczema or dry hands as compared to men this is because of their change in hormone levels such as during pregnancy and at certain points in the menstrual cycle.
- Hands can be dry even after using lotion this may be the sign of a condition called eczema. There are many things that cause such type of dryness, soaps and detergents, cleaning products, rubber gloves and even cosmetics lotions and creams.
- People who intake alcohol on regular basis have more chances of having dry skin.
How to prevent hands from dryness?
- Wearing gloves can dry out hands. Hence it is very necessary for a person with dry hands to wear gloves as it protects the hand from dust. Wearing rubber gloves while washing dishes protects our hands.
- As you wash your hands the strip of your skin of its natural oils as these oils help to lock in moisture, it’s necessary to replace them. It’s important to use a moisturizer after washing.
- Hydrating your skin helps your skin to make it healthy.
- Applying sunscreen daily can help you to get relief from dry skin.
- Overnight treatments are an excellent way to prevent dry skin. They’re heavier type of cream, ot can take longer for them to be absorbed to your skin .
- Using less chemical soap to our hands helps in preventing from dry skin.
Signs of dry skin are:-
Cracks in your skin
Raw, irritated skin
Stinging or burning
Flakiness or scaliness
Stinging or burning
Food that help to protect and moisturize dry skin
- Beef liver
- Sweet potato
- Sweet red pepper
- Kiwi fruit
- Sunflower seeds
- Cod liver oil
- Baked beans
- Green tea
- Fish oil