To look beautiful, the most important thing is to take care of our skin. We must have heard that we must use products make up which suits to our skin. Oily skin is the result of the overproduction of a substance called sebum. It actually happens when the sebaceous gland in the skin makes too much sebum. Sebum is vital for keeping our skin glow healthy, but when it produces excess it’s to make our skin oily. It can also lead to acne problems and clogged pores. A sebaceous gland is a microscopic exocrine gland in the skin that opens into a hair follicle to secrete an oily or waxy matter which lubricates the hair and skin of mammals.
Oily skin is not bad, but it can clog the pores and lead to increased acne breakouts. Remedies for Oily skin will help you remove extra oil from your skin, which might make you look dull. Oil is present in our skin, it preserves the skin and people with oily skin tend to have thicker skin and fewer wrinkles.
How can one know whether he or she has oily skin:-
Enlarged pores, dull or shiny, thick complexion, oiliness of skin changes with time also like weather, age.
Blackheads are also one of the reasons for oily skin. Blackheads are caused by sebum when this sebum collects in the base of hair follicles In our skin. The oiler area of the face has blackheads pimples and another type of acne.
Makeup doesn’t stay on and seems to slide off. If oil appears to only be some part of your face, then you have a combination skin rather than oily skin.
Pregnant women also have oily skin because of the medicine and hormonal changes in their bodies.
To know that whether you have oily skin or not you should take tissue paper and rub it on your face if oil comes to the tissue then you have oily skin and if the tissue remains the same white color than your skin is clear and white. You do not have to worry.
You can also check it from a mirror test also. Take a mirror and press it off towards all the parts of your face, neck, head, if the oil appears on the mirror then you have oily skin.
In oily skin, there is less amount of lipid and more amount of water.
Home remedies for oily skin
Yogurt for oily skin
You may have heard that yogurt is good for our health and hair, but it is also helpful in oily skin. The proteins present in the yogurt helps to repair the skin. It also lightens up the dark spots and black spots on the face. As zinc is present, it smoothens the wrinkles on our faces. This also helps in clogging up the pores. The skin which has lost its shine due to the aging problem has a lot of benefits because the vitamin B complex presents it to make our skin brighter.
How to apply yogurt on our face
- Take half spoon of curd and put it in a bowl.
- Add a little water. Mix it well.
- When a liquid-type lather is made. Apply it to your skin.
- Then, with soft hands, massage it until and unless the yogurt starts getting inside your skin.
- Then wait for 30 minutes. Wash it off using clear water.
- Try this remedy 3 to 4 times a week on a daily basis.
Tomato solution for oily skin
In tomatoes, there is found an ascorbic acid, which is good for oily skin. This juicy fruit is packed with vitamins and nutrients that are so beneficial for our face. The best part about potato is that it is easily available. Here, tomatoes do a great job of removing the excess oil present in your skin. Rubbing tomato on the face every day is fantastic for shrinking pores to give an even skin tone. Tomato contains a deep cleansing agent and corrects the pH level of the skin.
How to use tomato for oily skin?
- Cut a tomato in half and rub it over all your face.
- Massage it with soft hands.
- Keep it for 20 minutes at least. Then wash off to get healthy, glowing skin.
- With the regular use of tomato, you will see the blocking up of pores, and it will also balance the skin’s natural pH level.
Turmeric Oily skin solution
Turmeric is known for its super antibacterial properties and helps to get clear skin. Turmeric lessens the oil on our face by the reduction of secretion of the sebaceous gland and also helps in keeping infection away. The anti-inflammatory property can target your pores and calm the skin. It’s not just a cosmetic ingredient but is an overall skin remedy. The anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties are due to the presence of special ingredients for soothing skin and also treating conditions like eczema. Turmeric also has the property of healing wounds.
Because of its bright yellow color, it’s not used as a leave-on product and can even stain your face yellow.
How to use Turmeric for oily skin?
- Take a pinch of turmeric powder.
- You can mix turmeric powder with yogurt, lemon juice, and honey also.
- So, let us see when it’s mixed with yogurt.
- This is one of the most effective masks for oily skin as this face pack removes all the toxic from the skin. As when the properties of both are mixed, they become an effective cleanser. It helps to fight oily skin and makes our skin whiter and shinier. It also reduces the chance of infections.
How to apply Trumeric and Yogurt for Oily Skin?
- Take turmeric powder and yogurt proportionately.
- Mix it off and make a paste.
- Apply it and sit still until it gets dry.
- Rinse off and moisturize your skin.
- Repeat this process for a week
Check More: DIY Papaya Facemask for Oily Skin
Turmeric with lemon juice
Lemon contains astringent properties and when applied to oily skin with turmeric removes the dirt and pores it also helps in the blockage of pores as it is a rich source of vitamin C and citric acid.
How to apply
- Put one tablespoon of turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Add lemon. Lemon should be added in such a quantity that the paste can easily be made.
- Mix it well.
- Use a cosmetic brush to apply this paste to your face.
- Leave it for 5 to 10 minutes, Then wash it off from warm water.
- You can use this remedy 3 to 4 times a week.
Turmeric with honey
Honey has the power To fight the infection without creating resistant bacteria. The composition of these two is known as golden honey. This is used for ages in ayurvedic labs. It also allows us to get relief from cough and cold and acts as a panacea for oily skin.
How to apply Turmeric with Homey on Face?
- Mix one tablespoon of honey with a turmeric powder.
- Make a thick paste of honey and turmeric, apply it all over your face.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Then rinse it off from warm water.
- This can be applied on a daily basis.
Check More: Home remedies for Dry Skin
Orange peel Oily Skin Solution
Orange contains essential vitamins and minerals that promote healthy skin and hair, especially. Oranges are full of nourishment which is beneficial for our skin. As they are rich in vitamin C, calcium, and magnesium which are found in their peels too.
Dry out the peels of orange in the sun. Then powder them when it is fully dried.
This orange peel face pack will help in removing the oil from the skin.
How to use Orange peel for oily skin?
- Take one tablespoon of orange powder and a little rosewater. Instead of Rosewater, you can use yogurt, lemon, and honey.
- Mix it off and make a paste, apply it to your face.
- With light hands massage it so that it goes inside our pores.
- Leave it for twenty minutes.
- Then wash it off.
- Using it regularly will give you a better result.
Food for oily skin are
- Beef liver
- Sweet potato
- Sweet red pepper
- Cod liver oil
- Oat milk
- Sunflower seeds
All this will make our skin healthy and reduce oiling from the skin.
How to take care of oily skin
- People, who have oily skin, must cover their face and protect their face from pollution. They must wash their page with water whenever come from outside.
- Apply a moisturizer so as it maintains the pH level correctly.
- Avoid junk food and oily foods
- Exercise daily,
- Wash your face 3 to 4 times a day.
3 thoughts on “Home Remedies for oily skin”