Almond is a prime ingredient in lots of beauty and health-related products. The reason for this is very clear, almond has lots of benefits. Know about the health benefits of almonds. Uses of Almond for skin, used of almond for hairs.
The almond is a species of a tree that native to “Iran” and surrounding countries. The almond is also the name of the edible and widely cultivated seed of this tree.
“The biological name of the almond is Prunus amygdala”
It can be taken in raw form or toasted form as a snack. It can also be added to sweet or savory dishes.
There are many types of almonds are available in the market such as;- Almond oil, butter, flour, sliced, flaked, and slivered forms.
It is also available as almond milk in the market.
People call them a nut, but they are seeds, not true nuts. Almond really is a nut compounds an outer shell and hard shell containing white seed is used to eat. Almond has already without skin and with skin. Almond with skin is treated with warm water to make the nut softer, is called bare almond, which shell is removed to expose white embryos. Consuming almonds can bring you great skin, a healthy digestive system, and balanced cholesterol. Almond can be used for many applications.
History of almonds:- It may have one of the earliest trees that people cultivated in Jordan. Archaeological have found evidence of domesticated almond trees dating back some 5000 years.
This tree has its origin in the Middle East and South Asia.
Nutritional facts about almonds
These nuts contain full of nutrients such as vitamin E, calcium, magnesium, and potassium. Consuming 23 almonds every day can provide you with all-important nutrients. Besides that, it is the source of full fiber and protein, which are naturally low-sugar. Of all the nuts and almond contains the most protein, vitamin E, riboflavin, niacin, and calcium. Pure almonds have a lot of nutrients that are important for managing weight and satisfying hunger. Nutritional value of almonds:
Energy and fat:- It contains high content of mono saturated fat, which is also useful in reducing the risk of heart disease and cholesterol LDL. 1-23 Almonds provide 18 grams of fat and about 11 grams of mono-saturated fatty acids.
So if you take 23 almonds, then you will get almost 160 kcal. And this is the source of healthy saturated fat.
Fiber:- It is a great source of fiber. A diet of 23 almonds can provide about 3.3 grams of fiber.
So, let’s know about fiber:
Fiber is a type of carbohydrate. Fiber can not be digested by our body. Basically, most carbohydrates broke down into many sugar molecules, but fiber can not be broken down into sugar molecules, that’s why it can’t be digested by our body.
Fiber helps to regulate the body’s use of sugar. It also helps to keep hunger and controls our blood sugar levels.
The body needs:- Children and adults need at least 20-30 grams of fiber per day for good health.
Variants of fiber:- There are two variants of fiber in the market:
- Soluble fiber
- Insoluble fiber
Soluble fiber:- Soluble fiber dissolves in water. It helps to lower our glucose levels as well as helps to lower our blood cholesterol levels.
Some examples of food with soluble fiber:- Oatmeal, almonds, nuts, beans, apples, and blueberries.
- Insoluble fiber:- Insoluble fiber does not dissolve in the water. It helps to promote the movement of food through the digestive system, promotes regularity, and also helps to prevent constipation.
Nowadays, constipation is a common disease. Every family has a patient with constipation.
“Constipation means difficult evacuation of bowel.”
It can be said that constipation is the main reason for all digestive problems.
Some examples of food that contain insoluble fiber:- There are many foods that contain insoluble fiber. Here I am listing some common food that you can easily get from the market.
Wheat, whole wheat, bread, whole grains, brown rice, legumes, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc.
The best source of insoluble fiber is- whole grains, fresh fruits, vegetables, legumes, and nuts.
Some tips to increase fiber intake:-
- Eat whole fruits instead of fruits juice
- Replace white rice, pasta, burger, and bread with brown rice and whole-grain products.
- For breakfast, replace oily dishes with cereals or dry soaked Almonds that provide high fiber with enough minerals, vitamins as well as good cholesterol with energy.
- Replace snacks, cold drinks with almonds and nuts snacks, and fruit juice with nuts and almonds.
- Substitute beans or legumes for meat at least two to three times per week in chili and soups.
Benefits of fibers:- Fiber helps to reduce the risk of developing many diseases like heart disease, diabetes and constipation.
Despite these benefits’ fiber is also useful in colon cancer.
- Carbohydrates:- it is also a good source of carbohydrates. A diet of 23 almonds can provide about 5.6 grams of carbohydrates.
- Protein:- Almond contains high-quality vegetal proteins. A quarter of a cup of almonds contains 7.62 grams of protein. The protein content suggested every day is 50 grams based on a diet with 2000 calories. A quarter of a cup of almonds satisfies a 15% value of protein is suggested every day. Almond doesn’t contain cholesterol and very few of sodium.
- Vitamin E:- vitamin E is a strong anti-oxidant nutrient that provides protection to cells of the body, especially to skin, heart, and red blood cells.
A quarter of a cup of almonds provides about 45% calories.
- Vitamin B:- There is a high quantity of vitamin B in the almonds such as riboflavin, B-6, thiamine, niacin, and folate. These all are important for the metabolism of our body.
- Magnesium:- A pure almond is a great source of minerals, especially magnesium. A quarter of almonds provides 25% magnesium. This value is suggested for everyone. This mineral is essential for the regulation and maturation of red blood cells and helps to maintain oxygen in our body.
- Phosphorus:- It contains good quality phosphorus in food. It serves about 15% of total phosphorus.
- Potassium:- It is a good source of phosphorus. A diet of 23 almonds contains about 290 milligrams of potassium.
- Manganese and bronze:-Almonds have a great quantity of manganese and bronze. As it provides 45% manganese and 20% bronze in everyday dose. Both of them support for enzyme protection process. It also inhibits aging.
- Free gluten:- Almond is a good choice for those who do not like gluten. It is gluten-free, which means it is suitable for a diabetes patient. It is also a good choice for gluten-sensitive patients.
Benefits of Almond
There are a lot of benefits of Almond. If any person eats almonds daily, then that person will be healthy and free from many diseases.
So let’s know the benefits of Almond;-
Almond Benefits for skin
Almond is a superfood for the skin. It has vitamin E also called the “beauty vitamin” as well as it is a good anti-oxidant agent. Almond has the following benefits for the skin;-
It helps to brighter the skin
It is an anti-oxidant agent, that cleans the skin by removing the toxins and radicals from the body. It has a lot of alpha-tocopherol, which is the main element of vitamin “E”.
Vitamin “E” is also called the food for skin because it feeds the skin, and keeps skin smooth and bright.
Besides eating the almond, you can use almonds as a face mask.
Ways to use almond:- crush 4 to 5 almonds to have almond powder and mixes it with free-sugar milk, lemon juice, and oatmeal. Put the mixture to your skin and clean after 30 minutes to have better skin.
Almond Benefits against aging
It has anti-oxidant properties that help to reduce wrinkles.
• Massage skin with almond oil helps to brighter the skin, which helps to reduce radiant and look younger than your age.
c. Treat acne and blackheads.
d. Treat dried skin.
Treat dark circles
It is necessary to do massage under the eyes with almond oil. Doing it every day can reduce the dark circles under the eyes for 2 weeks.
Prevent sunburned skin
Mix almond oil with lemon juice, honey, and formula milk. Apply this mixture on sunburned skin for 20 minutes. Do it twice a week to reduce sunburned skin and improve the moisture of the skin.
Almond Benefits for hair
Both eating and applying almond oil can provide you with strong hair. Almond oil has a special advantage related to hair and helps you remove all problems with hair.
Get rid of dandruff:-
Prepare a mixture mask with almonds to avoid dandruff and impurities of the scalp.
Ways to use almonds:- Mix 1 bowl of Almond powder with ½ cup of yogurt & 1 spoon of curry powder.
• Apply this mixture to hairs to use at night, add egg-white to this mixture to use at night, and add egg-white to this mixture to use in the daytime for 20 minutes.
Hair loss treatment
Almond has vitamin E, D, magnesium, and calcium, it softens the hair and prevents hair loss.
• It is used as moisture cream for dry, hard hairs.
• It maintains the shine of the hair and has all the essential minerals and vitamins which requires for stronger hair.
Ways to use almonds as hair loss treatment:- Warm the almond oil for a second and massage gently until it absorbs into the shampoo. After some hours, wash your hair with a light shampoo. Apply one time for a week to have the best result.
Other health benefits of almonds:-
There are the following other health benefits-
- Improve digestive system.
- Good source of energy.
- Regulate blood pressure
- Good for diabetes
- Good for heart health
- Good for strong bones and teeth.
- Improve immune system
- Helps to prevent cancer
- Improve the brain’s function
- Helps to lose weight.
Is Almond a seed or nut?
Almond is a seed, but it is popular as a nut.