Scars are marks that appear on our skin when it is damaged, to repair and protect the wounds.
These can appear for many reasons, among which are:
- Insect bites
- Surgical incisions
While these marks appear intending to protect wounds, most people find it uncomfortable to have these marks.
It may be because they consider it unattractive and can complex them, which from my experience is true.
Some years ago I had these marks on my face, caused by the acne I had in adolescence, and they complexed me for quite some time.
And it wasn’t until I used several remedies that we will talk about a little later in this article, that the scars were greatly reduced and my self-esteem improved a lot.
The natural remedies that we will show you have the purpose of helping in the effective growth of the cells, minimizing the appearance of scar tissue, and contributing to the creation of new and healthy skin.
It should be added that to date there is no type of procedure that manages to make a scar disappear completely.
But before you feel that it will be in vain to make any remedy, let me take back what I told you before.
Although I was well remembered in my social circle for having my acne marks, after a few years when I was reunited with friends, the first thing they told me was …
“WOW, your acne marks were greatly reduced, how did you do it?”
And believe me, even if I still have some traces of those acne marks, I feel like I don’t have them anymore.
Different treatments and remedies can only reduce them in size and make it less visible.
(Note: Before using these remedies, it is important to clean and disinfect the affected area).
So, let’s discover several natural remedies that can help you reduce scars once and for all.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera is a natural scar repair since it has many anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
The mentioned properties are INDISPENSABLE to reduce scar marks.
It works as a natural emollient to help repair damaged skin and promote cell growth to improve skin’s appearance.
Also, it will improve the texture and make it considerably softer.
- To prepare the aloe vera gel, you must first peel the leaf cover.
- Subsequently, you will extract the jelly substance inside.
- You will apply that gel on the scar and massage the affected area by making circular movements.
- Let the gel rest on the skin for 30 minutes, and rinse later.
- Apply aloe vera gel twice a day.
Coconut oil is another excellent option(which I used a long time ago) to make the scars disappear.
Vitamin E, an antioxidant that contains coconut oil, accelerates the process of cell regeneration, making scars smaller.
Also, the lauric, caprylic and capric acids contained in coconut oil stimulate the production of collagen.
Collagen is a key element to have healthier and better-looking skin, and in this case, it will be a key element to reduce scars.
- For its preparation it is very simple, first, you are going to heat some extra virgin coconut oil to make it less thick.
- Then, you will pour only a little of the hot oil on the palm of your hand and massage the affected area for about 5-10 minutes.
- And finally, you will leave the oil in the area acting for about 15-20 minutes.
This process I recommend you do several times a day.
As we see, most oils have many properties that benefit the skin treatment, and olive oil is another incredible natural remedy that will help us eliminate these annoying brands.
It is rich in vitamin E and helps keep skin soft and hydrated, which will promote damaged skin regeneration.
- To make this remedy more effective, it is recommended to use extra virgin olive oil.
- First, you are going to spread a little of this oil in the areas where you have scars making circular movements.
- Subsequently, you will let it sit for 30 minutes and clean the oil with a clean cloth.
- Another option that is also very valid is to let the oil rest on the skin overnight.
This is a highly effective natural moisturizer to treat skin scars, as it removes dead skin cells.
Besides, it also greatly stimulates tissue regeneration.
- First, you will apply a little honey on the scar and then cover it with a bandage, which you will leave overnight.
- The next morning, you will rinse with hot water to stimulate the cleanliness of dead cells.
- Do it daily before going to sleep.