Coconut oil is widely used in different kinds of problems. The benefits of Coconut Oil are vast. It has lots of skin benefits, hair related solutions. In this post, we will discuss the different benefits of coconut and the benefits of coconut oil as well.
Coconut oil is an edible oil derived from the wick meat, and milk of the coconut fruit. Coconut oil is a white solid fat, melting at warmer room temperatures of around 25 degrees Celsius, in warmer climates during the summer months it is a clear thin liquid oil.
Despite coming from a plant, it’s uniquely high in saturated fats compared to most plant oils. It is made by pressing fresh coconut meat or dried coconut meat called copra. Some coconut oil claims to be cold-pressed, but this means that the mechanical method of pressing out the oil is used but without the use of any outside heat source. Coconut oil is an all-natural substance.
Coconut oil is 99% fat composed mainly of saturated fats. Coconut oil contains phytosterols, whereas there are no micronutrients in significant content.
Coconut oil has a long history in Asia, particularly in tropical regions where the plant is abundant, and where it has been used for cooking. It is the only choice of the Sri Lankan people. Coconut oil is a white solid fat, that melts at warmer room temperature. It contains a certain kind of fat known as “medium-chain triglycerides.
The fractionation of coconut oil is carried out by heating the oil above its melting point.
How can we make coconut oil at home?
Ingredients:- 9 to 10 coconuts
Making coconut oil is not an easy task, it’s a time taking process.
- Take one small container extract all the coconut and cut it into small pieces.
- Grind them in the grinder so that we can easily get coconut milk.
- Take one cloth and keep all the coconut cake and squeeze it. Now we have the milk of coconut.
- If one is facing difficulty in taking out the coconut cake then by spraying little warm water it can be taken out.
- Now, put this coconut milk in a copper or aluminum pot for at least two to three hours.
- Every half an hour check it. We have to mix the milk until it gets brown. Do not increase the flame.
- When it gets a little thickened and brown turn the flame off.
- Then put this milk in a cloth and squeeze the coconut cake which is left off. This is the purest form of coconut oil.
- Pour it into an air-tight container so that moisture can’t reach it.
Benefits of coconut hair oil
- Using coconut hair oil as a hair mask and leave-in treatment will give moisturize and seal hair.
- This also helps our scalp to be dandruff free and reduces split-ends too.
- Coconut hair oil also helps in healthier hair because of the vitamins and fatty acids present in it. It nourishes the scalp and penetrates the cuticle of the hair.
- Some studies have also found that coconut oil can protect your hair from harmful UV rays.
- Coconut oil when combined with anise spray also helps in lice prevention.
- It can also be used as a hair mask.
- Coconut also helps in growing long hair.
Coconut oil on the face
Coconut oil makes our skin glow. Coconut oil has natural antibacterial, antifungal, and moisturizing properties and uses this as a nightmare moisturizer too. Take the oil into a bowl and apply it to your face with soft hands and massage it in a circular motion. Not only these are inexpensive to make but they are very much attractive.
Coconut oil is very beneficial for you if you have dry skin. Coconut oil is suitable for all skin types one can use it as a face oil and body oil too. Coconut oil can be applied to your skin in the morning or even at night. Many doctors say that coconut oil is the best treatment for acne-prone skin.
The fatty acid present in coconut oil hydrates the skin and protects the skin. Vitamin F, linoleic and anti-bacterial properties in coconut oil. Applying coconut oil to the skin act as a night serum on the skin.
How to Apply Coconut Oil on Face?
Take coconut oil in your hand. Through this, the texture of the oil becomes light and silky.
Now apply it to your face and neck. This can be applied to our chest and other body parts too. Also, the parts which are dry can be applied there too like elbows, and toes.
Don’t make a thick texture. If a thick texture is made then remove the oil with cotton. Leave the light layer of coconut oil on your face for a night.
Coconut oil contains lauric acid which is beneficial for the production of collagen. Collagen helps in tightening the skin. This also protects from fine lines and wrinkles.
Coconut oil as a face mask
As coconut oil can clog pores, it results in acne breakouts. Coconut oil helps one to fight blackheads, pimples, and whiteheads. Regular use of coconut oil also helps in stimulating collagen production in the body and though reduces wrinkles. It also helps in slowing down the appearance of wrinkles and acts as an anti-aging process.
Coconut oil when used as a face mask it gives a natural glow to our skin making it more gorgeous. It also helps in removing the makeup because of the fatty acids and has a hydrophobic and hydrophilic side, it acts, as a makeup remover
Applying a hair mask to your hair also helps in improving the barrier function. The fatty acid present in coconut oil is great for medium-chain fatty acids. This is beneficial for the one who suffers from atopic dermatitis which occurs when there is damage to the skin barrier.
Covering your hair with a coconut hair mask reduces swelling and inflammation too. Coconut oil provides soothing relief to our hair. It allows our scalp to fight diseases like eczema, psoriasis, and contact dermatitis.
Benefits of coconut oil on body
- Coconut oil helps in making our liver healthier. It helps in reducing the swollen part of our liver.
- It’s also beneficial for our lips and makes our lips softer. It also protects our lips from the harmful rays of the sun. Applying coconut oil on our lips in winter prevents the cracking of lips.
- It has been naturally proven that coconut oil helps in arthritis and gives relief to a person because of the antioxidants present in it these antioxidants are much more beneficial for our joints.
- Coconut oil reduces the swollen part of our skin.
- Coconut oil is used as a massager for infants. In some research, it has been found that massaging from coconut oil makes our bones and joints stronger than other oil.
- Coconut oil also helps in burning fats. It is also beneficial for diabetes, and heart problems patients. Researchers have also proven that fatty people should intake coconut oil.
- Coconut oil is beneficial for the brain as it increases the brain to run faster and increases the memorizing power too.
We all know that a coin has a head and a tail both just like that everything which has a good effect has a bad effect too. So, let us learn the side effects of coconut oil
- Coconut oil if taken in more amounts leads to diarrhea. As it takes more time to digest because of this many problems related to stomach starts.
- Coconut oil should not be applied for more than two days on hair as it creates an awful smell in our hair.
- It does not suit some people and because of this, their skin gets cracked. Some people suffer from allergies due to coconut oil because their skin is more sensitive.
Coconut oil for hair
- Coconut oil contains a large number of vitamins and micronutrients. These all nutrients and vitamins altogether make our hair shinier. For our body, food is very necessary, just like nutrients are there to make our hair healthier. Coconut oil is the full diet for our hair.
- Coconut oil makes our hair grow faster and also increases the volume of our hair. Coconut oil is an essential fatty acid and vitamin, that removes the sebum present in the roots of our hair.
- Coconut oil is the best natural conditioner for our hair. If you want to give nourishment to your hair. Coconut oil can also be for a night and washed with a shampoo.
- Massaging from coconut oil for a week is very beneficial. Massaging increases the blood circulation in our hair.
- The increase in blood circulation reduces stress, tension, and depression and also helps in getting relief from headaches.
- It not only makes our hair softer but also helps detangles our hair.
- It gets one, relief from dizziness. Coconut oil should be used in the daily styling routine. It gets relief from frizzy hair. Frizzy oil when applied to hair makes it shiner.
- Coconut oil helps in double-headed hair. Spray some parts of coconut oil and rub it with a hard hand. Coconut oil makes you shinier and deals with split ends too.
- Coconut oil can also be applied to the hair, which is full of lice. For this, you have to first apply apple cider vinegar to your scalp and leave it for a few minutes. After this, apply coconut oil to your hair and leave it for a few hours to your hair. Then shampoo your hair. Comb your hair don’t wait for the hair to get dry, comb it in wet hair only.
- If you do not have any side effects from coconut oil on your hair and skin, then you can add it to your daily intake too. It will prove to be very beneficial. This is also helpful for pregnant women.
- Coconut oil is easily accessible. It is a solution for a number of hair problems.
- It can also be used as a shaving cream. If you get a cut or razor burns, then coconut oil is very helpful. Apply coconut oil before a shave and make a thick layer of it. This will reduce the chance of getting a cut.
Fractionated coconut oil
Fractionated coconut oil is an oil made from regular coconut oil. Both regular and fractionated coconut oils are great sources of medium-chain triglycerides. It provides fractions of the whole oil so that its different fatty acids can be separated for specific uses. The fractionation of coconut oil can also be used to isolate caprylic acid and capric acid which are used in medical applications, diets, and cosmetics.
The difference between coconut oil and fractionated coconut oil is that fractionated oil is more liquid than solid when compared to normal coconut oil. Regular coconut oil becomes liquid under high temperatures and has a greasy feel. The unique difference is that fractionated oil is best used for therapeutic purposes.
Making fractionated coconut oil is also a lengthy part. It is made by heating coconut oil above its melting point, the fatty acid and lauric acid get removed from the remaining mixture.
Benefits of virgin coconut oil
It increases our immune system. The medium-chain fatty acid, lauric acid present in it helps to build our immune system. Mono laurin act as an anti-bacterial which dissolves protective lipid around it and targets alopedes virus.
Virgin olive oil has high chain triglycerides which are beneficial for people with heavy weight.
It gives strength to our bodies. Coconut oil gives a powerful effect on metabolism. Also, it is observed easily. Coconut oil enters our body through our blood and liver this oil gets converted to stamina. Coconut oil is converted to monolaurin acid which is an anti-microbial agent and deals with the bacteria and supports some bacteria. Even coconut oil is also helpful for one who is fighting HIV-like disease.
Regular coconut oil improves the amount of insulin in our body and improves our blood circulation too. It increases the blood glucose in our body which reduces diabetes.
Virgin coconut oil also removes stretch marks. Coconut oil when applied to the stretched marked area reduces the mark and makes our skin glow healthier.
Coconut oil contains fatty acid which treats Alzheimer’s patients it improves their brain. It is found that in Alzheimer’s disease glucose is not reached the brain. So with the help of ketones when digesting the coconut oil this energizes our brain.
Coconut oil is also a beneficial seizure. In children the treatment of seizures, they are given very less carbohydrates and more fatty foods which help in increasing the amount of ketone in our blood.
If you are rid of overeating coconut oil can help you to fight acid reflux and heartburn. It cleans the bacteria out of the esophagus because virgin coconut oil is anti-microbial.
Children who receive coconut oil therapy along with antibiotics have fewer crackles (a wheezing sound in the lungs) and better oxygen saturation in the blood. Also, virgin coconut oil helps in increasing the antioxidant lung capacity.
The composition of fatty acid makes it most unique and also for the high content of the saturated lauric acid which makes about 40% of total fat content.
On the other hand, it has also been shown that coconut oil gives rise to cholesterol which is harmful to our body.
‘N’ number of foods can be cooked with the help of virgin coconut oil.
Coconut oil extracted from dry processing
The all-wet process uses coconut milk extracted from coconut. The proteins in the coconut milk create an emulsion of oil and water. Then here comes the most problematic step which is the breakage of emulsion to gain the oil. This can be easily done by prolonged boiling but this process produces a discolored oil which is not economical. In modern techniques, centrifuges are used. Although wet processing is less viable than dry. Proper harvesting makes a significant difference in the efficacy oil-making process. Conventional processors use hexane as a solvent to extract up to 10% more oil than products with just rotary mills and expellers.
- Coconut oil has also been tested for use as an engine lubricant and acts as transformer oil, to Acids derived from coconut oil can be used as herbicides.
- Coconut oil can also be used as an important base ingredient for the manufacturing of the sop. Soap made with coconut oil tends to be hard, and tough. As it is more soluble in hard water and salt water than other soaps and forms lather.
- Coconut oil is also safer for people who have it daily, it has also been proven by World Health Organization for those who have problems with chronic illness respiration, and allergies.
- It has also been found in research that coconut oil also reduces hunger. The multichain triglycerides help to digest the food and also try to dissolve fat because ketone present in one helps to reduce hunger.
13 thoughts on “Benefits of Coconut oil and Best Ways to Use it”