Coconut oil is an edible oil derived from the wick meat, and milk of the coconut palm fruit. Coconut oil is a white solid fat, melting at warmer room temperatures of around 25 degree Celsius, in warmer climates during the summer months it is a clear thin liquid oil. Despite coming from a plant, it’s uniquely high in saturated fats compared to most plant oils. It is made by pressing fresh coconut meat or dried coconut meat called copra. Some coconut oil claim to be cold pressed, but this means that the mechanical method of pressing out the oil is used but without the use of any outside heat source. Coconut oil is all.
Coconut oil is 99% fat composed mainly of saturated fats. Coconut oil contains phytosterols, whereas there are no micronutrients in significant content.
Coconut oil has a long history in Asia, particularly in tropical regions where the plant is abundant, where it has been used for cooking. It is the only choice of Sri Lankan people. Coconut oil is a white solid fat, melting at warmer room temperature. It contains certain kind of fat known as “medium chain triglycerides.
The fractionation of coconut oil is carried out by heating the oil above its melting point
How can we make coconut oil at home?
Ingredients:- 9 to 10 coconuts
Making coconut oil is not an easy task it’s a time taking process.
Take one small container extract all the coconut and cut it in small pieces. Grind them in the grinder so that we can easily get the milk of coconut easily. Take one cloth and keep all the coconut cake and squeeze it. Just like milk is squeezed for paneer. Now we have the milk of coconut. If one is facing difficulty in taking out the coconut cake then by spraying little warm water it can be taken out. Now, put this coconut milk in copper or aluminum pot for at least two to three hours. Yes, you have read it right leave for two to three hours in a low flame. In every half an hour check it. We have to mix the milk until it gets brown. Do not increase the flame. When it gets little thickened and brown turn the flame off. Then put this milk in a cloth and squeeze the coconut cake which is left off . This is the most pure form of coconut oil . Pour it in a air tight container so that moisture can’t reach to it.
Benefits of coconut hair oil
- Using coconut hair oil as a hair mask and leave-in treatment will give moisturize and seal hair.
- This also helps our scalp to be free from dandruff and reduces split-ends too.
- Coconut hair oil also helps in healthier hair because of the vitamins and fatty acids present in it nourishes the scalp and penetrates the cuticle of the hair.
- Some studies have also found that UV rays also protect hair from sun rays.
- Coconut oil when combined with anise spray also helps in lice prevention.
- It can also be used as a hair mask.
- Coconut also helps in growing long hair.
- When it comes to growth of hair coconut oil being the best.
Coconut oil on face
Coconut oil makes our skin glow. Coconut oil has a natural anti-bacterial, antifungal and moisturizing properties and uses this as a nightmare moisturizer too. Take the oil into a bowl and apply it to your face with soft hands and massage it in a circular motion. Not only these are inexpensive to make but they are very much attractive. Coconut oil is very beneficial for you if you have a dry skin also coconut oil is suitable for all skin types one can use it as a face oil and a body a body oil too. Coconut oil can be applied to your skin in the morning or even at night. Many doctors say that coconut oil is the best treatment for acne- prone skin.
The fatty acid present in coconut oil hydrates the skin and protects the skin. Vitamin F, linoleic and anti-bacterial properties in coconut oil. Applying coconut oil on skin act as a night serum on skin.
Step 1:- Take coconut oil in your hand. By this the texture of the oil becomes light and silky.
Now apply it on your face and neck. This can be applied it in our chest and other body parts too. Also the parts which is dry it can be applied there too like elbows, toes
Don’t make a thick texture. If a thick texture is made then remove the oil with a cotton. Leave the light layer of coconut oil on face for a night.
Coconut oil contains lauric acid which is beneficial for the production of collagen. Collagen helps in tightening thee skin . This also protects from fine lines and wrinkles.
Coconut oil as a face mask
As coconut oil can clog pores, it results to acne breakouts. Coconut oil helps one to fight with blackheads, pimples, and on whiteheads. Regular use of coconut oil also helps instimulting the collage production in the body and though reduces wrinkles. It also helps in slowing down the appearance of wrinkles and acts as an anti ageing process.
Coconut oil when used as a face mask it gives a natural glow to our skin making it more gorgeous. It also helps in removing the makeup because of the fatty acids and have a hydrophobic and hydrophilic side, it acts, as a soap .
Applying hair mask to your hair also helps in improving the barrier function. The fatty acid present in coconut oil are great for medium chain fatty acids. This is more beneficial for the one who suffers from atopic dermatitis which occurs when there is damage to the skin barrier.
Covering you hair with with coconut hair mask reduces swelling and inflammation too. Coconut oil provides soothing relief to our hair. It allows our scalp to fight with disease like eczemza, psoriasis and contact dermatitis.
Benefits of coconut oil on body
- Coconut oil helps in making our liver healthier. It helps in reducing the swollen part of our liver.
- Its also beneficial for our lips and makes our lips softer. It also protects our lips from the harmful rays of the sun. Applying coconut oil on our lips in winter prevents from the cracking of lips.
- It has been naturally proven that coconut oil helps in arthritis and gives relief to a person because of the antioxidants present in it these antioxidants are much beneficial for our joints.
- Coconut oil reduces the swollen part of our skin.
- Coconut oil is used as a massager for the infants. In some research it has been found that massaging from coconut oil makes our bones and joints more stronger than other oil.
- Coconut oil also helps in burning fats. It is also beneficial for diabetes, heart problems patients. Researchers have also proven that fatty people should intake coconut oil .
- Coconut oil is beneficial for brain as it icreases the brain to run more faster and increases the memorizing power too.
We all know like a coin has head and a tale both just like that everything which has a good effect has bad effect too. So, let us learn the side effects of coconut oil
- Coconut oil if taken in more amount leads to diarrohea. As it takes more time to digest because of this many problems related to stomach starts.
- Coconut oil should not be applied more than two days on hair as it creates an awful smell in our hair.
- It does not suit on some people and because this there skin gets cracked. Some people suffer from allergy due to coconut oil because there skin is more sensitive.
Coconut oil for hair
- Coconut oil contains a large amount of vitamin and micro nutrients. These all nutrients and vitamins altogether makes our hair shinier. For our body, food is very necessary, just like that nutrients are there to make our hair healthier. Coconut oil is the full diet for our hair.
- Coconut oil makes our hair grow faster and also increases the volume of our hair. Coconut oil is an essential fatty acid and vitamin, removes the sebum presents in the roots of our hair.
- Coconut oil is the best natural conditioner to our hair. If you want to give nourishment to your hair. Coconut oil can also be for a night and wash it from a shampoo.
- Massaging from coconut oil in a week is very beneficial. Massaging increases the blood circulation in our hair.
- By the increases of blood circulation reduces stress, tension, depression and also helps in getting relief from headache.
- It not only makes our hair softer, but also helps detangles our hair.
- It gets one, relief from dizziness. Coconut oil should be used in daily styling routine. It gets relief from frizzy hair. Frizzy oil when applied to hair makes it shiner.
- Coconut oil helps in double-headed hair. Spray some parts of coconut oil and rub it with hard hand. Coconut oil makes you shinier and deals with split ends too.
- Coconut oil can also be applied to the hair, which is full of lice. For this you have to first apply apple cider vinegar to your scalp and leave it for few minutes. After this, apply coconut oil to your hair and leave it for few hours to our hair. Then shampoo your hair. Comb your hair don’t wait for the hair to get dry, comb it in a wet hair only.
- If you do not have any side effects from coconut oil on your hair and skin, then you can add it in your daily intake too. It will prove it to be very beneficial. This is also helpful for pregnant women.
- Coconut oil is easily accessible. It is a solution for number of hair problems.
- It can also be used as a shaving cream. If you get a cut or razor burns, then coconut oil is very helpful. Apply coconut oil before a shave and make a thick layer of it. This will reduce the chance of getting a cut.
Fractionated coconut oil
Fractionated coconut oil is an oil made from regular coconut oil. Both regular and fractionated coconut oils are great source of medium chain triglycerides. It provides fractions of the whole oil so that its differently fatty acids can be separated to specific uses. The fractionation of coconut oil can also be used to isolate caprylic acid and capric acid which are used as medical applications , diets and cosmetics.
The difference between coconut oil and fractionated coconut oil is that fractionated oil is more liquid than solid when compared to normal coconut oil. Regular coconut oil becomes liquid under high temperatures and has a greasy feel. The unique difference is that fractionated oil is best used for therapeutic purpose.
Making fractionated coconut oil is also a lengthy part. It is made by heating coconut oil above its melting point, the fatty acid and lauric acid get removed from the remaining mixture.
Let us see the benefits of virgin coconut oil
It increases our immune system. The medium chain fatty acid, lauric acid present in it helps to built our immune system. Mono laurin act as an anti-bacterial which dissole protective lipid around it and targets alopedes virus.
Virgin olive oil which has high chain triglycerides which is beneficial for people with heavy weight.
It gives strength to our body. Coconut oil gives a powerful effect on the metabolism . Also it is observed easily . Coconut oil enters our body through our blood and liver this oil gets converted to stamina . Coconut oil is converted to mono laurin acid which is an anti- microbial agent and deals with the bacteria and support for some bacterias. Even coconut oil is also helpful for one who is fighting from HIV like diseases.
Regular coconut oil improves the amount of insulin in our body and improves our blood circulation too. It increases the blood glucose in our body which reduces diabetes.
Virgin coconut oil also removes stretch marks. Coconut oil when applied to the stretched marked area reduces the mark and make our skin glow healthier.
Coconut oil contains fatty acid which treats with alzeheimer patients it improves their brain. It is found that in Alzheimer disease glucose is not reached to the brain. So with the help of ketones when digest the coconut oil this energises our brain.
Coconut oil is also beneficial seizure. In children the treatment of seizure they are given very less carbohydrate and more fatty foods which helps in increasing the amount of ketone in our blood.
If you are rid of overeating coconut oil can help you to fight with acid reflux and heartburn. It cleans the bacteria out of the esophagus because virgin coconut oil is anti-microbial.
Children who receives coconut oil therapy along with antibiotic have fewer crackles (a wheezling sound in the lungs) better oxygen saturation in the blood. Also the virgin coconut oil helps in increasing the antioxidant lungs capacity .
The composition of fatty acid makes it most unique and also for the high content of the saturated lauric acid which makes about 40% of total fat content.
On the other hand it has also been shown that coconut oil gives rise to cholesterol which is harmful for our body.
‘N’ number of foods can be cooked with the help of virgin coconut oil.
Coconut oil extracted from dry processing
The all wet process uses the coconut milk extracted from coconut. The proteins in the coconut milk create an emulsion of oil and water. Then here comes the most problematic strp that is breakage of emulsion to gain the oil. This can be easily done by the prolonged boiling but this process produces a discoloured oil which is not economical. In modern techniques centrifuges are used. Although wet processing is less viable than dry . Proper harvesting makes a significant difference in the efficacy oil making process. Conventional processors use hexane as a solvent to extract upto 10% more oil than products with just otary mills and expellers.
- Coconut oil has also been tested for use as an engine lubricant and act as transformer oil, too Acids derived from coconut oil can be used as herbicides.
- Coconut oil can also be used as an important base ingredient for the manufacturing of the sop. Soap made with coconut oil tends to be hard, tough. As it is more soluble in hard water and salt water than other soaps and forms lather.
- Coconut oil is also safer for people who have it daily, it has also been proven by World Health Organization for those who have problems in chronic illness respiration and allergies.
- It has also been found in a research that coconut oil also reduces the hunger. The multichain triglycerides help to digest the food and also try to dissolve fat because ketone present in one helps to reduce hunger.